I decided that my New Year's Resolution is to have a clean kitchen table every day in 2009. I'm hoping blogging about it would keep me honest. My husband would rather my resolution involve washing the dishes every night before bed. Maybe next year honey. They don't bother me as much as that stinkin table!
My plan is to take a picture of my kitchen table every day and post it to the blog, but I don't know if I'll be able to post every day. Our internet has been wonky lately and I can't figure out what's wrong. For now we've been mooching off our neighbor's wireless. Hopefully after a while having a clean table will just become a habit and I won't have to think twice about it. I'm hoping it will rub off on my husband too.
Here is what my kitchen table looked like this morning.
This is what it looks like now as I'm heading off to bed. It's not perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than it's been. Better than not doing it at all, no?
I'm so glad that I followed a link to your blog! Why? because I am glad so see that someone else in blog land has a messy table and leaves dishes in the sink over night!! Thanks for sharing. You just made my day:)
ReplyDeletePS I'm in the charm quilt swap too. Thats how I found your blog.
good for you! The table is a constant battle int his house. I find that having a pretty cake on my cakestand, or a nice candle, or other centerpiece helps me keep it clear so I can just focus on the pretty thing.
ReplyDelete